Daviess County Fish & Game Association
A National Wild Life Federation Affiliate A National Rifle Association Affiliate
Dedicated to the Conservation and Wise Use of Fish, Wild Life and All Natural Resources
Over 1,100 Conservation—Minded Families
- O. Box 1565
Owensboro, KY 42302-1565
THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES are to be brought to or consumed on the farm. All Members and guest are expected to comply will all federal and state laws, as well as local ordinances, while on the farm. Any violations of federal, state laws, or local ordinances, will be grounds for expulsion from membership.
- SPEED LIMIT IS 10 MILES PER HOUR –this is being strictly enforced. The first time you will be given a warning, the second time you will lose driving privileges onto Daviess County Fish and Game property for 30 days. The third time you will lose your membership. (This also pertains to any and all family members on your membership that have their driver’s license)
- Children under the age of 16 years of age must be under the supervision of an adult while on the farm.
- You are allowed to have 2 guests per year. If those guests stay overnight they must pay $5.00 to stay for 2 nights. But after those guests have visited you those 2 times, they are not allowed to come back and visit you for the rest of the year. ALL GUESTS MUST CHECK-IN WITH THE CARETAKERS UPON ARRIVAL. If the guest is just visiting for the day they must pay the $1.00 fee per person per day, but again only allowed to visit 2 times during that year. Members may be shown around the farm but they are not permitted to participate in any activities. Unauthorized persons will be asked to leave.
- Gasoline motors must NOT be operated on the lake, only electric motors are permitted.
- Shooting Archery and Firearms, including BB and Pellet guns is permitted in the designated shooting areal only. No Firearms are to be discharged before 12:00 noon on Sunday’s. No fully automatic firearms are to be fired on the farm. Rules for Trap, Rifle, Archery will be posted at places for those activities. Glass or metal objects are not permitted as targets on shooting ranges. Children under the age of 16 may not use rifle, trap or archery ranges unless they are supervised by an adult at all times and must be present at the shooting range.
- Swimming is permitted in designated areas only. Children under the age of 16 must be under adult supervision while swimming.
- NO DOGS, GLASS, METAL PULL TABS OR FIRES ARE ALLOWED ON THE BEACH. FIRES ARE PERMITTED IN DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY.
- A dog brought to the farm must be on a leash at all times and under control at all times. Barking dogs will not be allowed. Exception; dogs of recognized hunting breeds may be unleased during actual training sessions, but must be under control at all times.
- Please put garbage in the trash cans and must be taken to the dumpsters by the dam upon check out.
- Off Road Vehicles (Motorbikes, minibikes, motor scooters, ATV, act.) are prohibited from use on the farm, with the exception of those being authorized to use them in authorized work areas. Only Licensed drivers (not permitted drivers) are allowed to operate golf carts. Number of passengers on golf carts should not exceed the seating capacity. All Golf carts must have working lights to be driven after dark. NO VEHICLES ARE PERMITTED ON THE DAM.
- All unnecessary noise must cease by 10:00 pm. Playing loud radios or other such devices is prohibited. The Caretakers are authorized to regulate loud and objectionable noise at all times.
- All campers must register at the caretaker’s house and receive a copy of the camping rules. Upon removing the camping unit from the farm, all campers must check out and leave the camping tag with the caretakers,
- The entrance gate will be locked at 10:00 pm every night and will be unlocked at 8:00 am. Keys are available from the caretakers between the hours of 8:00 am to 10:00 pm. This is for the convenience of the members who need to come and go between the hours of 10:00 pm and 8:00 am. A $5.00 deposit is required for each key. Unauthorized use of keys make be a cause for revocation of your membership.
- Anyone 21 years of age or older without a handicap must have their own membership.
- If you do something that any law enforcement has to be called on, upon review of the board your membership will be banned for life.
MEMBERS OF RECORD ARE RESPONSBILE FOR THE CONDUCT OF FAMILY MEMBERS AND IT IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO INFORM MEMBERS OF THEIR HOUSEHOLD OF THESE RULES. VIOLATORS ARE SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION, (POSSIBLE DISMISSAL FROM THE CLUB) ANY VIOLATIONS SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE CARETAKER, OFFICER OF DIRECTOR GIVING FULL DETAILS OF THE VIOLATION INCLUDING THE NAMES OF THOSE INVOLVED.
RE: GENERAL RULES—REVISED FEBRUARY 2017